cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Red error symbol in mashup

ErrHud
5-Regular Member

Red error symbol in mashup

Hi ,

I created a mashup with 20 layouts, each containing another mashup. All the mashup simultaneously calls a stored procedure from an external database (I know it's horrible but we're kinda testing here). So that's 20 stored proc calls each 10 seconds. Overall it works well, but sometimes 1, 2 or 3 out of the 20 mashups doesn't display data, and an error sign appears instead (see attached image). I'm not 100% sure but to me it seems obvious that the 20 simultaneous calls are the cause, but I haven't found any documentation on that red alert and I was wondering if anyone could confirm. Also, if this is caused by a timeout, is there any way to change the limit time ?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ErrHud
5-Regular Member
(To:ErrHud)

Solved the problem.

In every mashup, the called service was coming from the same "thing". I created a different thing for every mashup, even if they called the same procedure. That means creating 20 things for 20 mashup. It's bad, but the problem went away.

I've had a similar issue with another mashup. That one was calling 4 services from the same "thing" in the data source. The red error happened less often, but still it was annoying. What I did is I added 3 times the same data source that was already used, and I selected one service per data source. The problem seems solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ErrHud
5-Regular Member

I just found out that the default timeout is 60 seconds, so that's certainly not the problem.

ErrHud
5-Regular Member

I forgot to tell, I get the following error in the browser : 

Unable to Invoke Service sp_twTUODashboard on Thing_TUO : null.

Anyone as a clue ?

ErrHud
5-Regular Member

Solved the problem.

In every mashup, the called service was coming from the same "thing". I created a different thing for every mashup, even if they called the same procedure. That means creating 20 things for 20 mashup. It's bad, but the problem went away.

I've had a similar issue with another mashup. That one was calling 4 services from the same "thing" in the data source. The red error happened less often, but still it was annoying. What I did is I added 3 times the same data source that was already used, and I selected one service per data source. The problem seems solved.

Top Tags