cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Refresh Mashup From Event

Toshihiko
7-Bedrock

Refresh Mashup From Event

HI,

I have a mashup which shows infotable on grid. The infotable is generated as service output.

I want to refresh the grid when source of information (property of a thing) is changed.

How I can refresh the grid on the mashup by AnyDataChange event of the thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Toshihiko 

If the requirement is to refresh the grid with the data change of property from a thing then,

Open the 'GetProperties' service in the data window (dynamically if templates/shapes) and select/tick the boolean property 'Automatically update when able' at the DataProperties tab below the data window after selecting the 'GetProperties' service.Then create a mashup parameter to hold the value of your property from the thing. Now bind the property from the output of the service GetProperties to the mashup parameter and then bind the mashup parameter changed event to the service which is returning infotable/output to your grid.

This should bring in the data change of your property to refresh the grid

I have attached few screenshots related to the bindings that can help if required : 

GetProperties - showing where the boolean property ca be found 

TestPropertyBinding - binding between the mashup and the GetProperties service

TestBinding - binding to and from the mashup

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Toshihiko,

Have you tried using the Auto Refresh widget and bind the Refresh event to the service that populates the Grid. Time interval can be adjusted to your needs (default is 30 seconds)

Hi @Toshihiko 

If the the requirement is that, change in a property value should refresh the grid then : 

I guess u can try to use the 'GetProperties' (dynamically for templates/shapes) service and tick the 'Automatically update values when able' boolean property present at the DataProperties tab below the data window after selecting the GetProperties service. Create a mashup parameter which takes in this particular property value from the GetProperties service and then bind the mashup parameter changed trigger to the service that is to be invoked (the service which brings the output to the grid).

This implementation should bring in the required effect similar to the data change of property of a thing.

I have attached the screenshot of the bindings as well as where the 'Automatically update values when able' boolean property is available from the TEST that I have done.

Screenshots attached : 

TestBinding - Binding from mashup and to mashup

TestPropertyBinding - Binding to the GetProperties service and from the service

GetProperties - where to tick the boolean property

Hi @Toshihiko 

If the requirement is to refresh the grid with the data change of property from a thing then,

Open the 'GetProperties' service in the data window (dynamically if templates/shapes) and select/tick the boolean property 'Automatically update when able' at the DataProperties tab below the data window after selecting the 'GetProperties' service.Then create a mashup parameter to hold the value of your property from the thing. Now bind the property from the output of the service GetProperties to the mashup parameter and then bind the mashup parameter changed event to the service which is returning infotable/output to your grid.

This should bring in the data change of your property to refresh the grid

I have attached few screenshots related to the bindings that can help if required : 

GetProperties - showing where the boolean property ca be found 

TestPropertyBinding - binding between the mashup and the GetProperties service

TestBinding - binding to and from the mashup

Top Tags