cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Refresh contained mashup in thingworx 9.1

SO_9699370
10-Marble

Refresh contained mashup in thingworx 9.1

Hi All,

I have made a mashup with a led display that gets its data from a service. This data changes every second. I have used the auto refresh function explained by the guide. It works great. Now I added a contained mashup. This mashup also uses the same the service as the parent mashup and updates a led display inside contained mashup. I did this to see if both the mashup refreshes or not. To my understanding both mashup if ran individually refreshes, but the contained mashup never refreshes. 

I am attaching export of the mashup to show my auto refresh configuration and help me understand where am I missing the link. 

Below is the service -

var dateNum = 0;
dateNum = new Date();
var result = dateNum

I have also referred to below links for help. 

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/Functions/AutoRefresh.html

Regards

SO

Kind Regards
SO
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SO_9699370,

I did some tests and this seems like a bug from the 9.1 Auto-Refresh function. The same is not reproducible for example with the Auto-Refresh widget in ThingWorx 8.5. I have opened a support case on your behalf so that I can run some more tests and report this to our R&D department if required. I will contact you by email to discuss further steps.

If you urgently need to implement an Auto-Refresh on a Contained Mashup, you should be able to use the legacy Auto-Refresh widget instead of the function :

This is a bug affecting the Auto-Refresh function in ThingWorx 9.1.

It has been reported to R&D and is documented in Auto-refresh function not triggered in Mashup with Master or Contained Mashup in Thingworx.

c_lowy
16-Pearl
(To:c_lowy)

This is corrected in ThingWorx 9.2.0. Following article has been updated accordingly : Auto-refresh function not triggered in Mashup with Master, Contained Mashup or Mashup displayed as popup in Thingworx.

Hi @c_lowy ,

Thanks for the update. 

Kind Regards

SO

Kind Regards
SO
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SO_9699370)

Hi @SO_9699370

ThingWorx 9.1.3 was released last week.  Please let us know if your issue was resolved with this release and mark the appropriate post as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

-Sharon

Top Tags