cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Regarding selected items

Pratik_Aswale
12-Amethyst

Regarding selected items

I have 2 dropdowns one has parent equipments and second has child equipments.

What I want to achieve is when I select parent equipment on one dropdown we should be able to view all child equipments on another dropdown PFA

Issue I am facing is when I select parent equipment no child equipments are showing but when I select other parent equipment and then go back again I am able to see all child equipments of that specific parent equipment.

I have a data table from where I am getting all the data. What I think issue is the second drop down is always showing data of previous parent equipment which I selected. I am using selected text change service is there any other way

PFA 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Better use "SelectedRowsChanged" event on the service for the parent equipment to trigger the service call giving you the child equipment.

This second service would take the selectedRows from the result of the first service an input (or selectedText from the widget).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Better use "SelectedRowsChanged" event on the service for the parent equipment to trigger the service call giving you the child equipment.

This second service would take the selectedRows from the result of the first service an input (or selectedText from the widget).

Hello ,

I really want to use dropdown widget so that there will be only two drop downs and once we select child equipment only the selected parent of that equipment will be visible.

1) For clarification I did not suggest to replace the widget I suggest to bind execution to an event from the service instead of the widget.

2) First you said "when I select parent equipment on one dropdown we should be able to view all child equipments on another dropdown".

Now you say "once we select child equipment only the selected parent of that equipment will be visible".

These are two different requirements.

Hello apologies for the confusion,

I want to fetch parent equipment from a selected child equipment.

I have also used the service selectedrowchanged and mapped it to parent equipment service, so when child equipment is changed the service will get triggered

Now what I want to achieve is when I select for eg a WorkCenter then only Site should appear as Site is above WorkCenter it is parent for that workCenter.

When I select WorkCenter for the first time it throwing an error

"Error executing service AddParentEquipment.Message: : org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["value"]not found"

But when I select the same equipment again I am getting desired out put hehe 

PFA

Then you need to debug the AddParentEquipment service. Apparently it doesn't get the right parameters or is called at the wrong time.

Hello, 

After checking the flow I go to know SelectedRowsChanged was not assigned properly. As you said I revisited the flow and now it is working.

Thanks

Top Tags