cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Regarding showing data on graphs.

BB_10005832
4-Participant

Regarding showing data on graphs.

Hi Team

I am working on showing data on graphs. I want to show below statewise population data on the graph.

State Population
Missouri 9826732
Kansas 7838493
Newyork 2348890
Washington 332948

When clicked on particular state, user have to be shown population of specific county on another graph.

County Population
Wandotte 8494
Johnson 892834
plaza 493784

Can you please suggest any graph that can be used for this purpose? 

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:BB_10005832)

Hi @BB_10005832 

There is a SeriesClicked event that can be combined with the data returned, which will be the State selected.  That's located on the ootb Bar Chart widget.  

The data on your bar chart is tied to the selected row from the service that populates your chart.  When you click one of the bars in your current bar chart, everything in that row is selected.  You can then pass the state from that selected row into another service needed to populate the county chart.

This is high level, but if you have any specific questions, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Team,

What I mean to do is I can show the statewise data on the graph may be using bargraph which is easy. Later user should be able to click on the bar of particular state and respective county data should be visible on another pop up graph.

Regards

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:BB_10005832)

Hi @BB_10005832 

There is a SeriesClicked event that can be combined with the data returned, which will be the State selected.  That's located on the ootb Bar Chart widget.  

The data on your bar chart is tied to the selected row from the service that populates your chart.  When you click one of the bars in your current bar chart, everything in that row is selected.  You can then pass the state from that selected row into another service needed to populate the county chart.

This is high level, but if you have any specific questions, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags