cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Remote code & sends data to MQTT

Tomellache2B
14-Alexandrite

Remote code & sends data to MQTT

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to write a code (remotely) that updates the values of the properties inside of my json object. Then I want to take these values and send it to MQTT.

My questions are:

1. how do I go about writing the remote code? (which language would you suggest for this scenario). 

2. How do I send these values to MQTT? 

I will really appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Tomellache2B ,

Tough questions.

Question number one is not a ThingWorx specific question, because almost any programming language out there has the capability to execute HTTP REST calls. You should know which is the language you are familiar with, then search how to execute HTTP REST calls, then update the Thing values via executing a service (most probably). I will not explain in detail how to do REST calls, because it has been explained many times in this forum and it is easily searchable.

For question number two, you can use the MQTT extension in order to sent values to an MQTT broker topic. Again, there is information about that in the community/support portal/help center.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Tomellache2B ,

Tough questions.

Question number one is not a ThingWorx specific question, because almost any programming language out there has the capability to execute HTTP REST calls. You should know which is the language you are familiar with, then search how to execute HTTP REST calls, then update the Thing values via executing a service (most probably). I will not explain in detail how to do REST calls, because it has been explained many times in this forum and it is easily searchable.

For question number two, you can use the MQTT extension in order to sent values to an MQTT broker topic. Again, there is information about that in the community/support portal/help center.

Top Tags