cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Report generating from Thingworx UI

krishnakomal123
14-Alexandrite

Report generating from Thingworx UI

Consider I have developed Thingworx UI. It has data shown in Label chart and a button beside it to generate reports for that label chart.When I click the button,report pdf having label chart(Graphical representation) with one weeks data  has to be downloaded.Is it possible to do this using thingworx?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I think it is possible, first you need to generate the report in a repository , I think an older PDF extension was creating pdf files from the mashups, if you don't have it then you need to create a custom extension generating pdf files.

After this, when clicking button (Click event) , you can run GetFileListingwithLinks service from the repository thing.

The service will return only the generated report, if you provide as input the name of the file.

Also, you can get the file by using REST call: https://<host>:<port>/Thingworx/FileRepositories/reporsitory_thing/my_report.pdf

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I think it is possible, first you need to generate the report in a repository , I think an older PDF extension was creating pdf files from the mashups, if you don't have it then you need to create a custom extension generating pdf files.

After this, when clicking button (Click event) , you can run GetFileListingwithLinks service from the repository thing.

The service will return only the generated report, if you provide as input the name of the file.

Also, you can get the file by using REST call: https://<host>:<port>/Thingworx/FileRepositories/reporsitory_thing/my_report.pdf

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

I understood the concept.But how do I generate reports in file repository.Does PTC provide any such software to connect to Thingworx file repository?Can you please eloborate on this?

I have got the extension in one of the posts.How do I use it?

Hi @krishnakomal123.

Unfortunately, we're unable to provide support for the PDF extension that has since been removed from the Marketplace.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags