cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Login button functionality

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Login button functionality

Hi,

We wanted to restrict the users from logging in from multiple browsers using same username. For eg: if a user named 'abc' logs in to thingworx through form login from his local browser(with remote ip) and logins to remote desktop and logins with same username 'abc' through form login. There will be 2 sessions for same user which might mess the services and their output flow binded in mashups.

So, Is there a way on Submit button in Form Login page, can we check whether the user is already active in any browser and if so, we should restrict login and give a message 'To continue, please logout from other browser'.

Or, on click of Submit button in form login page, is it possible to  insert a entry in SQL DB through service in a temp table which I will create for storing the session info.

Thanks,

Shalini V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

I don't know that you can customize the Submit button in the FormLogin page ... maybe others have better idea, however the Restrict the number of concurrent logged in user sessions parameter of the User Management Subsystem allows to enforce only one session per user. The new session invalidate the previous ones. Maybe that can help to some extent.

Christophe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

I don't know that you can customize the Submit button in the FormLogin page ... maybe others have better idea, however the Restrict the number of concurrent logged in user sessions parameter of the User Management Subsystem allows to enforce only one session per user. The new session invalidate the previous ones. Maybe that can help to some extent.

Christophe

Hi @svisveswaraiya.

If you have found a solution for your issue, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags