cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Required to Specify Value Stream on Things

bwinslow24
7-Bedrock

Required to Specify Value Stream on Things

Hi,

We recently upgraded to 8.3 from 8.0. On 8.0 we defined the value stream on the template and the things just inherited the value stream from the template. Now it seems that in 8.3 this is not the case. When I try to run any of the Query*PropertyHistory services I get an error saying No Value Stream Assigned to [thing]. Is this expected in 8.3? Why was this change made? Is there a work around other than defining the value streams on the thing its self.

Thanks

Brandon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Mohit,

I forgot to update the post, but the value stream was actually deleted. The UI still had the value stream on the template but when I went to go view the value stream it had been deleted. I recreated the value stream and everything was working again.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:bwinslow24)

Hi Brandon,

That should not be the case.  Value stream should behave the same as previously.  I tested on version 8.3 and what I observed is the new Composer UI did not show that the value stream was inherited from the template, it did in fact log a property change to the correct value stream.  However, I have not checked this on a Thing from an upgraded system.  I will attempt to validate this, but additionally you could check to see if a newly created Thing exhibits the same issue.  That may help determine where the issue lies.

Thank you,

Adam

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:AdamR)

Hi @bwinslow24

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Hey Mohit,

I forgot to update the post, but the value stream was actually deleted. The UI still had the value stream on the template but when I went to go view the value stream it had been deleted. I recreated the value stream and everything was working again.

Thanks,

Brandon

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:bwinslow24)

@bwinslow24 

Thank you so much, Appreciate it.

Top Tags