cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Requires configuration of thing with Windows authentication

Muthu_chithira
7-Bedrock

Requires configuration of thing with Windows authentication

Hi All,

Without DB username and DB Password, can configure a thing. Which means in SQL, Through Windows Authentication i can access DB. I Dont have any access or user credentials with SQL Server authenticaton. Is there any way to configure a THING and establish a connection between thing and DB? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Muthu_chithira.

The jdbc driver defines the access allowed and as far as I know, only SQL Server authentication is supported.  For that reason, ThingWorx does not support Windows authentication. 

You may want to talk with your DBA about setting up a SQL Server account for the database you need to connect to in order to create the needed connection from ThingWorx.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'd go with no, sorry.

Not sure if you have specific security rules that won't allow you to set up a DataBase Thing, but permissions and pre-built queries/views/procedures should be able to cover your scenarios.

Hi @Muthu_chithira.

The jdbc driver defines the access allowed and as far as I know, only SQL Server authentication is supported.  For that reason, ThingWorx does not support Windows authentication. 

You may want to talk with your DBA about setting up a SQL Server account for the database you need to connect to in order to create the needed connection from ThingWorx.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags