cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Responsive container adds custom CSS classes on "bounding-box"- and "widget-content"-div !!!

Justsmile212
3-Visitor

Responsive container adds custom CSS classes on "bounding-box"- and "widget-content"-div !!!

Hi all,

I have a problem with the new flexcontainer feature. When I add a custom CSS class to a flexcontainer it not only adds this class to the "bounding-box"-div element in the DOM but also to the direct child, the "widget-content"-div of the bounding-box. This behaviour raises many problems for me because when I add a width of 50% to that class, the content of the flexcontainer is effectively only 25% (50% of the bounding-box).

I have created a simple example to illustrate the problem. In this example I created a responsive (advanced) mashup with the "Header and Footer"-template. In the mashup I added the custom CSS class "test-custom-css" to the body flexcontainer (see screenshot below).

MashupCustomCSS.PNG

After the elements got inserted into the DOM the custom class gets added to the "bounding-box"- and "widget-content"-div element (see screenshot below).

DOMCustomCSS.PNG

On "normal" widgets the custom CSS class only gets added to the bounding-box element.

I think this is a bug or is it working as intended? If it's not a bug, is there a way to overcome this problem without creating a special CSS rule (i.e. .test-custom-css > .test-custom-css) for every custom CSS class used by a flexcontainer?

Regards,

1 REPLY 1

Are you working on ThingWorx 8.4.2? I have reported a similar issue as a bug to R&D. However, in my case this does not occur on 8.4.3 or 8.4.4. If you are on 8.4.2 could you please test on one of these versions?

Top Tags