cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Runtime Mashup Inconsistent

SC_10205420
5-Regular Member

Runtime Mashup Inconsistent

Hi, I have a problem whereby my mashup  on runtime isn't consistent across different Display Screens, the mashup is Responsive but looks different every time you change the Device (eg. Laptop) Scale and Layout (Write click on desktop >display setting >scale and layout(Windows PC) ).

Therefore will look different to the user, if they PC is on a different(inconsistent) Scale and Layout.

4 REPLIES 4

@SC_10205420 ,

Would it be possible to provide some screenshots of what you're seeing?

Nick

SC_10205420
5-Regular Member
(To:nmilleson)

that might go against company policy, but I've tried my best in terms of visuals to paint the picture, So Basically the nav bar with Home, About and so forth , is getting unaligned ,when the user is viewing the solution from a pc with a different scale and layout.

The setting you speak of is Scale (Scale and Layout is the name of the group).

If your company policy forbids sharing screenshots in a public forum, that is understandable, and in this case I suggest opening a Technical Support ticket in PTC's eSupport portal -> do you have access to that?

In there you will be able to discuss with a PTC Technical Support engineer in a private environment where you can share safely those mashups.

Note that in my situation I do not see any misalignment in Firefox & ThingWorx 9.3.3 with a top container having a menu (and content in the lower container) if I switch scale between 100% and 175%.

There are many many reasons why you might experience that and they are best discussed in a Support ticket.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SC_10205420)

Hi @SC_10205420.

There may not be a solution to this problem.  You may have to consider what would be the norm for your users to try to accommodate majority preferences.  You might also want to leave some whitespace to accommodate those users that require larger print.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags