cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Runtime Mashups 404 Page not found error.

nkhoja
6-Contributor

Runtime Mashups 404 Page not found error.

Awesome, Thanks.
On a different topic, I am trying to replicate the Mashup-Only service called GetProperties in a local Java script service but I am not having any luck.
Can you point me a resource or what could be done here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re:  post

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:nkhoja)

What you are trying to do sounds like the usage of 'Dynamic' when mapping in a Service

So based on the ThingTemplate, you check 'Dynamic' this exposes the runtime instance services like getproperties

in the mashup itself you can then map your dynamic Thing value to the 'Entity' of the Service block.

This should be something that you can find in the intro courses to Thingworx

Apologies if I misunderstood what you are looking to do.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

That is a rather special service, but you should be able to get it with <server>/Thingworx/Things/NameOfThing/Properties/

This is a GET and requires Property Read permissions

nkhoja
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

Hello @PaiChung  

I am not sure if I understand how could I get access to it, But I tried going to the thing which is a physical asset called machine355.

so when I go to machine355/Services I see all the services including the generic ones but I can't see the GETProperties service. It's only visible mashup when I try to add a service from the asset (machine355)

Does that make sense? 

I am assuming the output will be an infotable, What would be the datashape to use that would be identical to the GetProperties mashup only service? As I will be binding the results to mashup widgets. 

And I have admin rights so not sure what kinda permission you would like me to change to be able to see this and where. 

Appreciate your time

regards

Nadir Khoja

nkhoja
6-Contributor

nkhoja_0-1594404491906.png

So I am trying to write a service that will result as shown above in the Mashup so that I can bind them to the widgets. Currently I do use the Mashup only Service GetProperties but I am trying to pass a different asset name which would be an input to that service to bring properties back for the asset. 

Phew!!! it's sounds easy in my head but when I am explaining I can see how complicated this could get lol 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

What you are trying to do sounds like the usage of 'Dynamic' when mapping in a Service

So based on the ThingTemplate, you check 'Dynamic' this exposes the runtime instance services like getproperties

in the mashup itself you can then map your dynamic Thing value to the 'Entity' of the Service block.

This should be something that you can find in the intro courses to Thingworx

Apologies if I misunderstood what you are looking to do.

Top Tags