cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

SIGFOX Callback

bnightingale
1-Newbie

SIGFOX Callback

Hi

Im pretty new to this, so bear with me if my queries are somewhat ignorant.

I have simple sensor - lets say its temperature.  This is all I want, at this stage, to monitor.  I would like to be able to monitor this, and have the data I want in Sigfox's backend.

Can someone please direct me to somewhere / someone that can help me to establish how I can get this to a presentable format for me in thingworx?  I was thinking foundation is the right way to go, but I dont know how to configure the callback to get this data, let alone set it up as required.

Any documentation that would help would be appreciated.  Plese note Im and intergrator NOT a developer so a lot of the development lingo goes a bit over my head.  If thats what I have to do then Ill work it out, thats fine, I just need to be pointed in the right path.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

7 REPLIES 7

Brad, if you don't have your device connected to the ThingWorx platform yet, let's start with that. Click here to access our Marketplace and download the SIGFOX extension. The user guide pdf available in the same page gives an overview of the extension and how to connect/ use it.

Ok, I have downloaded this and installed.  I dont know if I am receiving data yet - where can I even see this?  Thingworx is a big app, and as I say Im no developer, but wow...theres a lot to learn.  I dont even know where to start

Hi

Im having real issues with the callback function of the Sigfox backend into Thingworx.  I cannot get this to connect - I have followed the PDF document word for word.

In the document it says configure the callback using batch.  I have configured the callback as follows as per the document:

http://MYTRIALIP/Thingworx/Things/Sigfox.CallbackInterface/Services/CallbackDataBatch?appKey={THIS IS MY KEY}&x-thingworx-session=true&Accept=application/json&batch={batch}

This is what is in the example.  There are a few typos in the document I have found, but, can I please have clarification - what should the callback URL actually be if it is following the document?  There are a ew examples and Im not sure which is correct.

Brad, when you use that call, what result are you getting back?

In Sigfoxes callback response we are getting:

500 - None

[POST] http://SERVER_IP/Thingworx/Things/Sigfox.CallbackInterface/Services/CallbackDataBatch?appKey=MYAPPKEY&x-thingworx-session=true&Accept=application/json&batch=null

Callback Failed

This is found in the callback function area of Sigfox and then I get an email saying basically the same thing.

Please note that in the line pattern (in Sigfox) I have used semi colons even  though the document says to use commas between the variables.

Hi

Can you provide any feedback on this?  I really am quite stuck on how to get these callbacks working and my eval period is going to expire.

hello

I used sigfox and it is OK for me (for uplink)

what I noticed it that in documentation sometime ";" is used to separate data but in the callaback the split symbol is ","

so i put ";" everywhere and it is OK

Line pattern  defined in Sigfox callback (batch) :

{time};{device};{snr};{rssi};{avgSnr};{station};{data};{lat};{lng};{seqNumber};

CallbackDataBatch

var items = lines.split(";");

// if some of the items are not found in the script, we replace them with 0

// this should only happen when using the sigfox demo-backend

// when using the real backend all items should have valid values

for(var i = 0; i < items.length; i++) {

items = items != "" ? items : 0;

}

Now if somebody success for downlink (answer to sigfox post in json message ) I would be happy to get information

Thanks

Top Tags