cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

SSO : The request was rejected because the URL contained a potentially malicious String "%25"

Velkumar
18-Opal

SSO : The request was rejected because the URL contained a potentially malicious String "%25"

Hello Community,

We are trying to enable SSO on Thingworx with AD FS. When we access Thingworx it throw below error message 

[L: ERROR] [O: S.c.t.s.a.AuthenticatorExceptionHandler] [I: ] [U: ???] [S: ] [P: ] [T: https-openssl-nio-443-exec-19] [ The request was rejected because the URL contained a potentially malicious String "%25" ]
[L: ERROR] [O: S.c.t.s.a.AuthenticatorExceptionHandler] [I: ] [U: ???] [S: ] [P: ] [T: https-openssl-nio-443-exec-10] [ Error validating SAML message ][ NameID element must be present as part of the Subject in the Response message, please enable it in the IDP configuration ]
[L: ERROR] [O: S.c.t.s.a.AuthenticatorExceptionHandler] [I: ] [U: ???] [S: ] [P: ] [T: https-openssl-nio-443-exec-7] [ Error validating SAML message ][ NameID element must be present as part of the Subject in the Response message, please enable it in the IDP configuration ]
[L: ERROR] [O: S.c.t.s.a.s.ThingworxSSOAuthenticator] [I: ] [U: ???] [S: ] [P: ] [T: https-openssl-nio-443-exec-16] [ Failed to utilize the SSO component for authentication ][ The request was rejected because the URL contained a potentially malicious String "%25" ]

Could someone help me on this

Thanks

VR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With support of PTC, we managed to fix the issue.

Error Message :

[ The request was rejected because the URL contained a potentially malicious String "%25" ]

In sso-settings.json, file path was mentioned using backslash "\\" changed to frontslash "//"

Example :

Instead of  

"C:\\PTC\\idp-metadata.xml"

use

"C://PTC//idp-metadata.xml"

For error message :

[ Error validating SAML message ][ NameID element must be present as part of the Subject in the Response message, please enable it in the IDP configuration ]

Add NameID in SAML response subject. This should be changed in IDP side

For AD FS refer below link 

Authentication Failed: Error validating SAML message : NameID element must be present as part of the Subject in the Response message, please enable it in the IDP configuration - Progress Community

/VR

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Surya_Tiwari
14-Alexandrite
(To:Velkumar)

Hi @Velkumar  Remove special characters "%", ";", "\", "/" from file name

Check documentation  Windchill Help Center > Windchill Fundamentals > Working with Windchill Objects > Object Overview > Special characters 

Hi @Surya_Tiwari 

I went through this article - CS327941 - Error "The request was rejected because the URL contained a potentially malicious String "%25"" reported in MethodServer.log when donwloading a file from Navigate with SSO enabled (ptc.com)

I think it is not applicable for my use case. Here I'm trying to integrate ADFS and Thingworx. While authentication I'm facing this error message

/VR

With support of PTC, we managed to fix the issue.

Error Message :

[ The request was rejected because the URL contained a potentially malicious String "%25" ]

In sso-settings.json, file path was mentioned using backslash "\\" changed to frontslash "//"

Example :

Instead of  

"C:\\PTC\\idp-metadata.xml"

use

"C://PTC//idp-metadata.xml"

For error message :

[ Error validating SAML message ][ NameID element must be present as part of the Subject in the Response message, please enable it in the IDP configuration ]

Add NameID in SAML response subject. This should be changed in IDP side

For AD FS refer below link 

Authentication Failed: Error validating SAML message : NameID element must be present as part of the Subject in the Response message, please enable it in the IDP configuration - Progress Community

/VR

Prasad_N
6-Contributor
(To:Velkumar)

Hello Velkumar,

I have a requirement  to enable SSO on Thingworx with AD FS. Do you have any resources to implement this feature.

Top Tags