cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

SSO and Application Key

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

SSO and Application Key

Hi,

I am using the Application Key as of now to access services and Mashup for the end user. (Adding APP key in URL)
If I use the SSO moving forward, how can I access those services and Mashups now?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tried following URL format in SSO enabled Thignworx 8.5.4 instance, it's working as expected.

https://<ThingWorxServer>:<ThingWorxPort>/Thingworx/Mashups/<MashupName>?appKey=<AppKey>&x-thingworx-session=true

Referred Accessing Mashups using Application Key (appKey) Authentication in ThingWorx

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you want to use SSO to access these Mashups or services you would have to use an oauth token (bearer token) in your authorization.
This way you can access ThingWorx Mashups or API.
Or you can also re-enable Appkey authorization together with SSO authorization in ThingWorx.

• To enable AppKey Authenticator when SSO is enabled you have to add the ApplicationKeySettings configuration to the ThingWorx sso-settings.json file located in <ThingworxPlatform>\ssoSecurityConfig:
{
 "BasicSettings": {...
			},
 "ApplicationKeySettings": {
	 "enabled": true
			},
}

With this help you could still access ThingWorx with appkey even if SSO is enabled

Hi @ThorstenMueller ,

Business use case over here is like... Mashup renders under a Different Portal. We use a Mashup URL with an Application key to Render in another portal.
If I use SSO, what should I use in Place of the Application Key in the URL because Auth will not work since Mashup is a Render for that Portal.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

@pshashipreetham 

My expectation (never tested) is that if ThingWorx is setup for SSO, and when you are in that external portal you're already logged in, then you would not need to use the appKey at all, because when trying to access TW you'll use the same existing authorization token automatically, since you're already logged in via SSO.

However, it needs to be tested...

If you want to use SSO to access these Mashups or services you would have to use an oauth token (bearer token) in your authorization. This way you can access ThingWorx Mashups or API. Or you can also re-enable Appkey authorization together with SSO authorization in ThingWorx.

Tried following URL format in SSO enabled Thignworx 8.5.4 instance, it's working as expected.

https://<ThingWorxServer>:<ThingWorxPort>/Thingworx/Mashups/<MashupName>?appKey=<AppKey>&x-thingworx-session=true

Referred Accessing Mashups using Application Key (appKey) Authentication in ThingWorx

Top Tags