cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Saving picture file from thingworx to company's FileShare

MA8731174
12-Amethyst

Saving picture file from thingworx to company's FileShare

Dear Community,

At the moment I save an entry into Datatable with storing one picture with each entry in file repository.  Now I have a new requriement that whenever i create an entry with picture with it, I should save this picture also in the company's File Share which is on our company's server. I know ContentLoaderFunctions where i can use

some services to send the http requests but i am not sure how can i save directly into Fileshare the pictures. 

Any Suggestions ? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

The first thing to do is that you need to investigate the APIs you can use on the company fileshare software to create files in it.

It is advisable, as a best practice, to specify what is the software that you're using in your company as a "File Share".

Otherwise nobody would be able to understand which software is that, hence zero chance on users recommending something based on their own experience.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:MA8731174)

like already mentioned that you did not provide much information.

if you can mount your company drive folder into the pc where thingworx is running, you could try to mount the fileshare into ThingworxStorage/repositories/<yourFileRepo> so that when TWX will write to this FileRepository it actually is written to the mounted fileshare? did not try this yet

Announcements

Top Tags