cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Scrolling in collection widget not possible in with touch!

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

Scrolling in collection widget not possible in with touch!

Hi all, 

In my mashup I'm using the collection widget as a sort of table. There are allot of items in my collection, so in my chrome browser I can scroll through the items like you would in a table. 

On mobile I tried to open the mashup, and everything loads perfectly, but I can't scroll down. We have tested it on multiple Android devices in the Chrome browser, but it won't work. We have also tried the firefox mobile browser, there scrolling is possible, but the clickevent on a line is not possible + Firefox runs the mashup super slow. 

I made the mashup in ThingWorx 8.4. The devices from the customer are all Android, so it really should work on an Android phone. 

Does anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this?

Kind regards, 

Jasper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jasperlg)

Hi @jasperlg.

We have some improvements for mobile devices coming in the 9.0 release, currently targeted for June.  I will let you know once that release is available.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

We will need to review this with our engineering team.  It would be helpful for you to provide the model of the Android devices you are using.  It would also help if you could provide the mashup.  If you prefer not to post it here, let me know know, and I will reach out directly.

Regards.

--Sharon

jasperlg
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

@slangley,

We are using the cat phone s41, but we have tested it on many devices, recents and older devices. In a support log we got the answer that Chrome for Android is not supported, but the issue is not only with Android, it is also an issue on Chrome for Windows, which is supposed to be supported... Touch scrolling for the collection widget is not possible for Chrome on Windows, and is not possible for Chrome on Android. We hope this issue will be solved soon.

I prefer not to post the mashup here, but it is the same for any collection widget.

Thanks for the help. 

Jasper

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

We have some improvements for mobile devices coming in the 9.0 release, currently targeted for June.  I will let you know once that release is available.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

ThingWorx 9.0 was released yesterday.  Hopefully you will see some improvements for the mobile devices you are using.  If you still encounter issues, please open a new post with the details so we can follow up.

Regards.

--Sharon

I am also experiencing an issue with this on my Google Pixel 2 XL. The issue only persists in the Google Chrome browser on Android (although it does work on Firefox). I have tested on iOS devices and it appears to work correctly. 

I did find a temporary work around if you have a fixed number of cells - you can put the collection widget inside of a repeater widget. I did this and it now works on Chrome for Android - however, it no longer works on iOS Safari. I have had to create a mashup for Android devices and iOS devices because of this.

Hopes this helps, would love to see the widget fixed because I think it's a really powerful widget. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi everyone.

We have an internal ticket opened with R&D on this issue.  Unfortunately, there is no timeline on when it will be reviewed or addressed.

Once additional information is known, I will post an update here.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags