cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

SearchThingsByTemplate doesn't response

drichter
14-Alexandrite

SearchThingsByTemplate doesn't response

Hi,

I have an service which uses the SearchThingsByTemplate of SearchFunctions. In most times the service response quickly but sometime the service doesn't response or need extrem long time to response (~3 minutes).

The result includes only 13 Entities (Remote Devices). Maybe this has something todo with the isConnected-Check or so? I have no clue what I can do or where I can search for debugging.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@drichter ,

There are a couple of articles which talk about a similar issue. 

Article - CS304561 QueryImplementingThingsWithData or SearchThingsByTemplate brings system to a halt when executed in parallel by multiple users on the ThingWorx Platform 

Article - CS302119 Executing SearchThingsByTemplate service fails with "Unable to query implementing things : null" when maxItems is above 2500 and a query is specified in ThingWorx Platform 

The articles indicate that the version of ThingWorx affects the response. Can you provide the version you are using? I will let you know if I find any other information.

Thanks.

Peter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@drichter ,

There are a couple of articles which talk about a similar issue. 

Article - CS304561 QueryImplementingThingsWithData or SearchThingsByTemplate brings system to a halt when executed in parallel by multiple users on the ThingWorx Platform 

Article - CS302119 Executing SearchThingsByTemplate service fails with "Unable to query implementing things : null" when maxItems is above 2500 and a query is specified in ThingWorx Platform 

The articles indicate that the version of ThingWorx affects the response. Can you provide the version you are using? I will let you know if I find any other information.

Thanks.

Peter

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:drichter)

Hi @drichter.

If you are satisfied with the previous response, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags