cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Send alerts via SMS

SB_9732186
11-Garnet

Send alerts via SMS

Hi all,

I want to send alerts via SMS.

I want to know how this can be achieved without Twilio extension.

Thanks,

Sujith

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Sujith,

There was a similar question before - "How can we send SMS to a user using ThingWorx?": https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/How-can-we-send-SMS-to-a-user-using-ThingWorx/td-p/513835 

Hi Vladimir,

I want to understand how to retrieve phone number's mail id in order to send emails to SMS address.

Thanks,

Sujith

Hello @SB_9732186

The Article - CS345079 - Changes to ThingWorx extension support model deals with where to get Twilio, From the conversation you are not interested in using that solution.

When you have a Cell Phone number if you know the service provider you can construct an email message and direct it to the cell phone.  You need to go to a website such as https://email2sms.info. This type of site provides information which identifies the gateway to send the message. With the gate way information you can construct an email address <PhoneNumber>@<SMSgateway>

I do not know what information you are referring to when you say "phone number's mail id"

Hi @PEHOWE ,

If I know only the cell phone number & do not know the service provider, then what can be done?

Thanks,

Sujith

Hello @SB_9732186,

You need to use a service such as "Freecarrierlookup.com" This service take phone number and performs a lookup and returns information on the carrier and SMS Gateway Address. I am sure there are other web sites and/or services which provide this information. 
There is also the information provided by email2sms.info. This site provides a JSON or CSV lists of provider and there gateways.  If you are collection the cell phone number from the user you can request that they provide a service provide and then use that to lookup the gateway.

To the best of my knowledge there is no universal gateway.

Top Tags