cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Server side extension + thridparty library import

jacekgra
1-Newbie

Server side extension + thridparty library import

Hi Guys,

I am wondering about best practice when using thirdparty libraries in server extensions.

I used to import the library into TOMCAT/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/lib and just having it in my classpath during compile time (so the extension is light), but it enforces managing the server manually (deploy the library in the Tinhgworx lib dir) and I do not want to do it.

I know that external jars can be somehow included into extension jar (unpacked into the extension jar) but I am having trouble with appropriate ant script for acheving it.

Can someone give me a hint on the ant script or maybe suggest some other approach?

Thanks in advance & Regards,

Jacek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am answering my own question:

I've included third party jar in the build.xml of the extension so it has been included next to extension jar in the zip file and reference the library in the metadata.xml under ThingPackage node.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I am answering my own question:

I've included third party jar in the build.xml of the extension so it has been included next to extension jar in the zip file and reference the library in the metadata.xml under ThingPackage node.

Top Tags