cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Service: Dynamic number of input

fmanniti
9-Granite

Service: Dynamic number of input

Is it possible to give a service a dynamic number of input?

I have two group of things:

group A: structures (100 things)

group B: element (created by the user)

In my mashup I have two lists widget, one for group A and one for B.

Since the user may create the element thing, the group B will be update time by time. The user must also be allowed to assign a structure to an element:

I created a helper thing with a service which has as input structureName and elementThing.

By selecting the element name and the structure name on the lists a property called "elementFather" in structure will be updated with the name of the element thing.

This works.

What I want to do is a multiselection of structures.

Since several structures may be assigned to a single element I would like the user, instead of doing it one by one, may do a multi selection from the list but this means that my service has a higher number of input which change time by time OR that my input structureName is not a string but an array.

Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1

You should activate MultiSelect on List or Grid widget, then use SelectedItems property and bind it to the Service which adds the relation, this service needs a parameter to be Infotable type in order to receive multiple rows selection.

Top Tags