cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Session Management

rahulraj1535
4-Participant

Session Management

Hi,

I wanted to have multiple users using my application and came to know that session management is the solution.

I have couple of questions on the same.

1. Thingworx session management is for Thingworx logged-in users, as I understood.
         However, I have my user data stored in GraphDB. Can I make use of the Thingworx session management          features in that situation?

2. Is there any proper documentation where I can obtain some insights regarding the TWX session                           management?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Multiple User can login the composer or mashups at the same time, you don't need extra configuration on the Session field, while the Session field could help monitor the User behaviors.

For Session Management/ Session Variables information, you can search for article 249180 in esupport knowledge base, it will show you how Session are used in the platform

rahulraj1535
4-Participant
(To:zyuan1)

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I think you are talking about the TWX user, where in my case it is the application user (created in GraphDB), who needs separate sessions on separate machines. I tried accessing the mashup from a different machine, but landing on the already logged-in user page, instead of the log in page.

The TWX server manage the User Sessions by the User name, if you login with different User name, the session will be logged separately, if you login with same User in different machine/ browser, the login will be updated, and probably you'll sign in the latest page.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly

rahulraj1535
4-Participant
(To:zyuan1)

Alright.

So what I have understood so far is that the user management is applicable only for the TWX users, but not for application specific users.

One drawback of going for the TWX user is that he/she can access the composer, even though access rights and visibilities can be set. I talked about this with PTC support and was told that this is still under Thingworx's consideration.

Top Tags