cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

SetRemotePropertyBinding from Kepware tag address to Thingworx Programmatically

smayer
11-Garnet

SetRemotePropertyBinding from Kepware tag address to Thingworx Programmatically

Hi

I have been finding the SetRemotePropertyBinding service to not setting the tag address correctly when I do this programmatically.

KepwareProblem.JPG

However, when I set this within New Composer this works perfectly, and this pulls the values in. And it seems to inherit the name I give it without having to reference the tag addresses naming convention. Modbus.MonnitGateway.CurrentMeter301297.DataAge

New Composer tells a different story and it appears to be no different. From what details are here this should be working?

(Working: but I tagged this up within New Composer)

(Not working: tagged up programmatically using SetRemotePropertyBinding)

I have tried restarting the thing too.

KEPServerEXX thing is using IndustrialGateway Template.

Thingworx 7.4, KEPServerEX 6.1

Is this kind of functionality possible?

Any guidance appreciated!

Thanks

Sean

2 REPLIES 2

Greetings Sean Mayer​,

Please see the discussion contained in this thread: Industrial Things Toolsets

Can you confirm your service specifies the "aspects" JSON input, as shown by Alton in his example posted 27 July? It may be worth reading through the other points covered in that conversation.

Are you still seeing the same issue?

I suspect this might be related to how properties were saved when switching between NextGen Composer and Legacy Composer in that version (7.4). I need to investigate more, but I wanted to rule out the possibilities covered in that other post, first.

Best regards,

Steven M

Thank you Steven, I think this is what I need, the JSON input on setRemotePropertyBinding makes more sense. Will let you know if this works for me. Sean

Top Tags