cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Setting an inherited property value. ThingWorx training notes Exercise 16

green.kim.twsp
1-Newbie

Setting an inherited property value. ThingWorx training notes Exercise 16

I am trying to run through the ThingWorx training notes I downloaded from the community site. When I reach exercise 16 it tells me to assign the BeltzvillePump Thing to the Pump property of the Dam_Beltzville Thing. The Pump property is inherited from the DamTemplate. The system will not allow me to assign the BeltzvillePump Thing to the Dam_Beltzville Thing. Am I doing anything wrong here?

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Kim, you should be able to do this by going to Things then click on Dam_Beltzville. Now click on the Properties tab and then Property Values. Click in the Value column of the Pump property and a Folder icon should show, click on the folder icon and browse to the Pump you need to assign, click on it and then click SELECT. Next make sure the property has a check mark at the front and then save it.

Hi Pai,
That worked thanks. However the training material does not explain this. The chapter explains how to bind properties on the properties tab but not how to set the values. Will there will be updated training notes for version 4?

Hi Kim, we are having our 4.0 release soon. With that will come an update of the Training materials.

Top Tags