cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Showing Files (Excel ,PDF or CSV) in Grid from Infotable/Datatable.

VS_9760165
12-Amethyst

Showing Files (Excel ,PDF or CSV) in Grid from Infotable/Datatable.

Hi ,

I am looking for File reading from Grid . i have table like below , when i click on "View" the File should open from File Repository which is on Remote server. 

VS_9760165_0-1609764548588.png

1. how to store file path from repository in Infotable/datatable.

2.How can i do it in Grid Advanced?

If you would give the steps to achieve it ..would be better

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anarwal
12-Amethyst
(To:VS_9760165)

@VS_9760165 , you can use File repository if file is in local thingworx directory . Remote thing with File transfer and tunneling is helpful when you have a remote thingworx agent runing on that machine .

Or you can use html text area if you want to show the content of the file using rest call and process the file on thingworx local service

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I believe there are extensions in the Marketplace that can read CSV and even excel files.

If you are using the Thingworx agent to manage your remote repository or if your files are in the Thingworx filerepository, then there are services that can get you the directory structure and file listings.

And I think mabye even ootb a file repository has a csv load type service available (else use the extension)

Hi @PaiChung ,

Thanks for Reply , I would like to have steps to achieve the Requirement. and if i use Hyperlink in Grid by clicking on it ..file should be read. what should i do if my file resides at Remote Server or Might be in Local Directory.

should i create a thing using FileRepository..?

Should i create a thing using RemoteThing?

Thanks

anarwal
12-Amethyst

@VS_9760165 , you can use File repository if file is in local thingworx directory . Remote thing with File transfer and tunneling is helpful when you have a remote thingworx agent runing on that machine .

Or you can use html text area if you want to show the content of the file using rest call and process the file on thingworx local service

Top Tags