cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Showing Routes in Google Maps

tscur
13-Aquamarine

Showing Routes in Google Maps

Hey guys,

I've been trying to create routes in Google Maps so I created an InfoTable with some latitudes and longitudes to connect these points as a route. I created a Thing named Route with a property InfoTable based on a Data Shape that has 2 Field Definitions: Index and Location. After that, I added the latitudes/longitudes into this Infotable and, with the GetPropertyValues service, I connected the Infotable property with the RouteData (and Data to show the locations I added) GoogleMaps Widget property (and enabled ShowRoute). However, when I ran the Mashup, it showed this image I am uploading, tracing a line, not a polyline.

Could someone help me with creating actual routes and not lines?

route_googlemap.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @tscur.

Unfortunately, the extension was created by a third party so providing the code would not be possible.

I am trying to track down support information for the vendor so you can contact them directly to learn more about the extension.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:tscur)

Hi @tscur.

You may want to take a look at this extension available on the marketplace.  We currently have an internal request with R&D for enhancing the routing capabilities but there is currently no ETA on when it might be added to the functionality.

Regards.

--Sharon

tscur
13-Aquamarine

It seems that this extension create the routes choosing the start and end points, but my intention is to create the route using several close points. In other words, with the extension I select two points and the output is a data table with the route, but what I want create this data table myself and therefore insert it into the maps widget so it creates the route using these points.

Is there some way that I can have access to the script of the extension?

Thank you for your response!

tscur
13-Aquamarine
(To:tscur)

Also I am still trying to understand this extension, it gives me templates and data shapes but it doesn't show to to use them. Do you have an experience with it?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

Unfortunately, the extension was created by a third party so providing the code would not be possible.

I am trying to track down support information for the vendor so you can contact them directly to learn more about the extension.

Regards.

--Sharon

tscur
13-Aquamarine

Hi @slangley,

Yes, it would be very helpful to contact them directly do they can explain how their extensions works.

Regards,

Taciano Scur

Diphyc Ltda

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

I am still working to track down support information for the vendor.  Will let you know once I have more information.

Regards.

--Sharon

tscur
13-Aquamarine

Hello Sharon,

I did some research on the vendor and it doesn't exist anymore! What do I do now?

Taciano Scur

Diphyc 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

I'm still awaiting feedback from the team that manages the Marketplace to determine if we can provide further guidance around this extension.  As soon as I receive a response, I will let you know.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tacianodiphyc.

Just wanted to advise that I received an update on the extension.  At this time, it is under review but will most likely be removed from the site.

We are sorry that we are unable to provide assistance on this.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags