cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Simulate a Data Source

MSJ
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Simulate a Data Source

I am trying to use this file provided by the tutorial on "Get Started with ThingWorx for IoT" to simulate data source but the file is not giving me what I am suppose to have, rather the error message below is displayed.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

I have no idea what to do. the file for source code attached. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try unzipping the attached file and uploading it

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You need to save that file to your computer so that you can upload it to your ThingWorx server. In WIndows, you can save the file by right clicking on the link, then click "Save Link As..."

The .xml file contains pre-made ThingWorx entities for use with the guide.

MSJ
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:Rick-Stanley)

Thank you for the reply. Yes you are right. The issue the link from which I downloaded couldn't download but open as shown in the screenshot. I then copied the codes, pasted in notepad plus plus and created a .xml file but still couldn't load. take a look at the attached files. 

Try unzipping the attached file and uploading it

MSJ
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:Rick-Stanley)

This file works now though I can view the data in my thing properties but can view it on the "View mash up" menu. I think my UI is not properly created or something. 

Can also teach me what you did to the file please? 

Top Tags