cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Simulation Data

Ghandour
10-Marble

Simulation Data

Hello, 

I have cretaed a project based on an ANYSS Digital Twin work.  I have two questions:

1- I tried to douplicate the example file: Things_House_data_simulator.xml by creating my file: d by creating my file: Things_Spiral_data_simulator2.XML  which has 1 input (current) and 3 outputs (voltage, temp and angle) but I only see one data, what may be the problem? (both files attached)

2- To make this work useful to me, I will need to connect it to the data coming from the physical model (right now I can read a power supply data using python code (current (input) and Voltage (output). How can I connect the power supply data to my thingworx project? is there any materials to read or an example of similar work?

Thanks,

Ahmed 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This guide gives an overview of the different ways to connect outside systems and devices to ThingWorx:

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/choosing-connectivity-method

The file you downloaded is an export from ThingWorx Foundation and is meant to be imported into another ThingWorx Foundation server. It is not meant to be modified outside of ThingWorx Composer. It may be possible to modify the file in a text editor then import it, but it would be very difficult and is not supported. This is like trying to modify a Power Point presentation by opening the .pptx file 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This guide gives an overview of the different ways to connect outside systems and devices to ThingWorx:

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/choosing-connectivity-method

The file you downloaded is an export from ThingWorx Foundation and is meant to be imported into another ThingWorx Foundation server. It is not meant to be modified outside of ThingWorx Composer. It may be possible to modify the file in a text editor then import it, but it would be very difficult and is not supported. This is like trying to modify a Power Point presentation by opening the .pptx file 

I see. Thank you so much.

Top Tags