cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

State definition issue when mentioning forward slash (/)

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

State definition issue when mentioning forward slash (/)

Hi,

In the state definitions, when mentioning a forward slash (/), it automatically converts it to (\2f).How can this be resolved? I wanted to mention the string as 'Idle/Stop'

Thanks in advance,

Shalini V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @svisveswaraiya 

This seems like a issue which got fixed in later release.

So If you want to use Idle/Stop than may be you can set it with the forward slash as it is in the state definitions and when you save it,it shows you \2F instead of forward slash.(but that doesn't matter what i observed)

But on the configure state formatting if you change the value from idle\2f stop to idle/stop it will map with the output of your service(idle/stop) and work as expected.

I hope it answers your query. If you have any further concern or it doesn't answer your query, please feel free to revert.

Screenshot (6).png

Thanks

Om Dukiya

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This issue is not reproducible in 9.x while I saw it was there in 8.5.x - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS320432

You are working on which ThingWorx build ?

Hi @mnarang ,

I am working on 8.4 vesion.

Hello @svisveswaraiya 

This seems like a issue which got fixed in later release.

So If you want to use Idle/Stop than may be you can set it with the forward slash as it is in the state definitions and when you save it,it shows you \2F instead of forward slash.(but that doesn't matter what i observed)

But on the configure state formatting if you change the value from idle\2f stop to idle/stop it will map with the output of your service(idle/stop) and work as expected.

I hope it answers your query. If you have any further concern or it doesn't answer your query, please feel free to revert.

Screenshot (6).png

Thanks

Om Dukiya

Top Tags