cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Styling data series on bar charts and schedule charts

Janicen
15-Moonstone

Styling data series on bar charts and schedule charts

Hi Experts,

Problem : A bar chart and a schedule each have a data set bound. These data sets are created dynamically. Therefore the number of series cannot be defined on a bar chart. (Consequently defining style formats for individual data series is not possible for the bar chart. )

Is it possible to give the same color to the bars that have the same name from the two different charts  ?

e.g.,

Bar Chart: Apple_Series = Green, Banana_Series = Yellow

Schedule Chart: Apple_Series = Green, Banana_Series = Yellow

Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:Janicen)

As an example, for Bar chart widget,

You can configure the bar color of each series by below setting. Note this is a hard setting. If Filed displaying order changed then it might not apply to your request.

wcui_0-1695696047735.png

Under widget Properties, there is "DataSeriesStyle" property where you can set bar color of all series according to a special Filed value. This setting control bar color based on filed value not based on Filed Name. So I dont think this setting is good to your request.

wcui_1-1695696160454.png

Generally speaking, currently it is impossible to control bar color without using above 2 settings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wcui
14-Alexandrite

As an example, for Bar chart widget,

You can configure the bar color of each series by below setting. Note this is a hard setting. If Filed displaying order changed then it might not apply to your request.

wcui_0-1695696047735.png

Under widget Properties, there is "DataSeriesStyle" property where you can set bar color of all series according to a special Filed value. This setting control bar color based on filed value not based on Filed Name. So I dont think this setting is good to your request.

wcui_1-1695696160454.png

Generally speaking, currently it is impossible to control bar color without using above 2 settings.

Janicen
15-Moonstone
(To:wcui)

Thanks @wcui .

For now I will just use conditional statements to display different colours for each series on the schedule chart. As for the bar chart, I will let the colours auto generate.

Regards.

wcui
14-Alexandrite

hi @Janicen, please mark the acceptable solution if you feel OK to close this post.

Announcements

Top Tags