cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Subscription on change in configuration tables

a_labrecque
5-Regular Member

Subscription on change in configuration tables

Hi!

I'm trying to launch a subscription when a change is made in the configuration tables of a thing. The generic event ThingStart is useful if the configuration tables are changed manually, since it triggers on Save. It won't work though if the change to the configuration table data comes from the generic services like SetConfigurationTable.

I was wondering if there is a way to set an Event to trigger when a generic service like SetConfigurationTable is completed. A workaround would be to set an Event to trigger when the data in configuration tables changes, but the Event dataChange seems to only works for properties. Is there a way to make it work for Configuration tables data?

Thanks for your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am not aware of an out of the box way to achieve this.

Probably you could update the table by calling a wrapper service which internally calls SetConfigurationTable only and also updates a boolean property. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am not aware of an out of the box way to achieve this.

Probably you could update the table by calling a wrapper service which internally calls SetConfigurationTable only and also updates a boolean property. 

a_labrecque
5-Regular Member
(To:rjanardan)

Thanks @rjanardan for you answer. That is what I was afraid to hear since this solution doesn't protect from situations where the configuration table is edited by the generic services. It may still be the best possible way to do things. 

Announcements

Top Tags