cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Switch to a mashup based on time of day

CW_9421536
4-Participant

Switch to a mashup based on time of day

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to switch to a mashup based on the time of day. My goal is to having something such as at 2:50 pm every day, the screen will switch to a mash up that says to start winding down and prepare for the shift change. Or at 7:00 am - 7:10 am every morning, the screen will ask the operators to check their equipment. Is this possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As @PaiChung said, you'll need a validator that checks the current time. Here's a demo of that:

1. Create a validator with the following code (I use the en-GB language because it will be in 24 hour format instead of 12 hour and won't include the AM/PM stuff at the end):

Output = (new Date().toLocaleTimeString('en-GB', {hour: '2-digit', minute: '2-digit'})) === "07:00"

or

Output = (new Date().toLocaleTimeString('en-GB', {hour: '2-digit', minute: '2-digit'})) === "07:10"

2. Put a refresh widget on the screen and set the Refresh Interval to 60. Connect the Refresh trigger to the Execute of the validator.

3. Create a Navigate action to go to the next mashup.

4. Connect the True trigger of the validator to the Navigate action.

5. Repeat on the secondary mashup to go back to the original one.

6. Be sure to test this on the target browser... I've heard that toLocaleTimeString may act differently on different browsers.

2020-10-23_11-53-05.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:CW_9421536)

You can run a Refresh widget into either a service or expression to then trigger a navigate widget.

CW_9421536
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

Hello,

Thanks for your response. How do I trigger the navigate function with a service? I thought I could make a scheduler, and then drag "scheduled event" onto the navigate function, but "scheduled event" does not show up when you add the scheduler to the data section of the mashup builder.

Thanks

it may be easier to use the tabs widget with each mashup on a different tab.  

You can then use a refresh widget to periodically run a service.  The output of that service would bind to "selectedTabName".  

CW_9421536
4-Participant
(To:AZ_8959449)

Is there a guide on how to trigger navigate from a service or subscription? I've been looking but I can't find one. 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Use the Navigate widget/function, it has 'Navigate' available as a service that can be triggered.

As I think about what you are looking to do, you will probably need a Validate widget/function to provide the trigger on true/false

CW_9421536
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

I see the where to bind to navigate. I've used this to switch between mashups one after another in a loop every 15 seconds using the auto refresher, but I'm lost on how to get this to trigger based on the time of day. How would I configure the validate function to do this?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Like I said you may need a service or expression function.

You can do every minute timer - trigger expression or service - verify time of day vs. schedule - return true/false into validator which on true triggers navigation.

As @PaiChung said, you'll need a validator that checks the current time. Here's a demo of that:

1. Create a validator with the following code (I use the en-GB language because it will be in 24 hour format instead of 12 hour and won't include the AM/PM stuff at the end):

Output = (new Date().toLocaleTimeString('en-GB', {hour: '2-digit', minute: '2-digit'})) === "07:00"

or

Output = (new Date().toLocaleTimeString('en-GB', {hour: '2-digit', minute: '2-digit'})) === "07:10"

2. Put a refresh widget on the screen and set the Refresh Interval to 60. Connect the Refresh trigger to the Execute of the validator.

3. Create a Navigate action to go to the next mashup.

4. Connect the True trigger of the validator to the Navigate action.

5. Repeat on the secondary mashup to go back to the original one.

6. Be sure to test this on the target browser... I've heard that toLocaleTimeString may act differently on different browsers.

2020-10-23_11-53-05.png

Top Tags