cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

System permissions on TW 8.3

pererumbo
3-Visitor

System permissions on TW 8.3

Hi everybody,

I have recently switched from TW 8.2 to TW 8.3 and all my services with wrapped services are triggering errors. After checking the logs I'm pretty sure that the problem is related with the permissions for the System user, given that this is the user that tries to execute the wrapped services. I have given permissions to this System user at all possible levels: for the concrete thing, for the entire collection of things, and so on..

The description of the error is:

[message: Execution error in service script [Event.AnyDataChange] :: Wrapped java.lang.NullPointerException (Event.AnyDataChange#1)] 

Check it on the screenshot:

scrsh1.PNG

I share some more screenshots of the permissions that I have done to the System user:

scrsh2.PNG

scrsh3.PNG

Thank you in advance,

Pere

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Pere,

Can you confirm if the Things involved here are utilizing Value Streams? If this is the case it may come down to the permissions on the Persistence Provider that is used by the associated Value Streams.

Have a quick look at this community post which seems to detail a similar issue. Note that you will want to grant Visibility on the Persistence Provider utilized by the Value Streams.

Please let me know if this helps you out on this one or not.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:tmisner)

Hi @pererumbo.

If the response provided by @tmisner helped to solve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the Community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags