cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

TCP/IP Connectivity to Thingworx

shussain1
7-Bedrock

TCP/IP Connectivity to Thingworx

Hi,

I need to connect to a device using TCP/IP connection. Have got the Ip and Port for the TCP. Is there any extension available to pull the data.

I have also tried to use WebSocketsTunnelWidgetAndLibrary3.0.1. But its not getting connected. Have made changes in the Configuration column.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Saddam

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Saddam,

Can you please further describe the device itself and what information we are looking to gather off of it? If the device can accept WebSocket connections then ThingWorx should be able to form this connection.

There used to be an extension available in the Marketplace to at least send data via TCP message.  I included the original extension and the PDF manual.  For whatever reason, this was removed.  We've been using this extension for some time with good results.

Currently the TCP Extension has been removed from the PTC Marketplace. As it is a Labs extension it is not directly supported by PTC Technical Support.

If you could provide some further information on your use case and the data we are hoping to exchange between Platform and Device via the TCP/IP connection I can look further into potential alternatives.

I have a device/PLC which supports only TCP/IP. from which i have to take data to TWX platform.

Can't use any other softwares like Kepware. So have to pull data to TWX using the TCP/IP from the Device/PLC.

Can you provide some more information on the why the tunnels extension is not working? When you say it is not getting connected what errors are being seen between device and Platform? Is the connection simply timing out or are there other errors which may be of use for diagnosing this?

Top Tags