cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

TW 8.3 License problem

LPieter
7-Bedrock

TW 8.3 License problem

Hi, i installed TW8.3 and my license(on other gold account) was not activated. It generate licenseRequestFile.txt in /ThingworxPlatform directory. So i try this guideline: https://support.ptc.com/lm/ThingWorx_Navigate_8.1_Licensing_Instructions.pdf and when i run  “AcquireLicense” API from Licensing Subsystem, i got output [object ProgressEvent] and it generate ignored_license_capability_response.bin in /ThingworxPlatform directory.

license-problem.png

log.png

System: Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic

My platform-setting.json is here.
platform-settings.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LPieter
7-Bedrock
(To:oaslan)

Hi oaslan,

yes, my problem was with the user(tomcat) acces permission on tomcat folder. I forgot to change owner of the folder. Check who is your folder owner, eventually change him to tomcat(see picture).

tomcat.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
oaslan
12-Amethyst
(To:LPieter)

Hi LPieter,

Did you solve your issue? I have the same at the moment. It's urgent for meto know the answer.

LPieter
7-Bedrock
(To:oaslan)

Hi oaslan,

yes, my problem was with the user(tomcat) acces permission on tomcat folder. I forgot to change owner of the folder. Check who is your folder owner, eventually change him to tomcat(see picture).

tomcat.png

Top Tags