cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

TW_Download_Android Edge SDK unable to import extension metadata.xml not present

ppradhan-2
1-Newbie

TW_Download_Android Edge SDK unable to import extension metadata.xml not present

android extension error.PNG

Downloaded from Thingworx marketplace.

Checked in to extracted file having folders but not metadata.xml file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:ppradhan-2)

Pravin, just to confirm are you using Android Edge SDK from the Marketplace? Do note this is not meant to be imported directly in the ThingWorx Composer. You will have to import one or the full project into an IDE like Android Studio and build your Android Application using the Android SDK, please use this guide for more detail.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Pravin, just to confirm are you using Android Edge SDK from the Marketplace? Do note this is not meant to be imported directly in the ThingWorx Composer. You will have to import one or the full project into an IDE like Android Studio and build your Android Application using the Android SDK, please use this guide for more detail.

Hope this helps.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi pravin pradhan​,

To add what Sushant mentioned. Android SDK is not an extension.

It is meant to send data from an Android Device to ThingWorx Platform.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Thank you for your quick reply i will follow the guide.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Just to update on this thread, i have noticed the guide on the Marketplace is not accessible. So I've taken it up internally to get it fixed.

Ok thanks how much time is expected ? or is there any other source for the same?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Pravin in my earlier response i already included the alternate path so you don't have to wait for the fix you can simply navigate to PTC

otherwise when you'd download the zip file it includes the doc folder with the guide. It's the same guide which should also be reachable directly from the Marketplace.

Thanks and i think that in the same zip file there are the guide PDFs.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Yes you are right these are the same guides.

Top Tags