cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

TWX Flow 8.5 - Read an xlsx file & Add Authorizations

DanZ
15-Moonstone

TWX Flow 8.5 - Read an xlsx file & Add Authorizations

Hi,

this seems to be two fairly simple tasks but I don't get it:

First: I'm trying to read data from an .xlsx file. Problem is, that I don't know which path-notation the default "SpreadSheet Reader" wants. After multiple attempt I've read in the documentation for the "Write File" node that files created by TWX Flow are located in the <TWXFolder>/modules/cache/userdata folder. For testing I've created a .txt file with the mentioned node and it worked so far - but there is no file in the folder. In fact, the file is nowhere to find on the system.

Funny thing is, that if I'm using the "Read File" node it successfully read the file and I can even upload the file to the SystemRepository of Thingworx with the "Upload File"-TWX node. But where is the created file located? And do .xlsx sheets have to be in the mentioned userdata folder aswell to read/write them?

Second:

How do I add authorizations for third-party services like gmail etc? Neither of the two ways described in the documentation works for me. If I try to add an authorization over settings -> Authorization and click on the "+"-symbol there is only a search bar and a message with "no results found" which i can close. The second way is through the workflow editor in the specific node (eg. Gmail). If I open the "Authorize Gmail" dropdown I've only have an entry stating "no results found" - I don't have an "Add new" option or something.

The only connection that worked so far is the TWX-Basic connection to my TWX-Foundation Instance which was installed together with Flow.

Do I miss something or is the installation somehow corrupted?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:DanZ)

Hi,

For the second question, you need to create oauth for Gmail, you need a client secret and a client id.

After that, you need to create JSON file and run flow deploy command.

Please follow steps from here: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FIntegration_Orchestration%2FConfiguringConnectorOAuthSettings.html%23wwID0EBBZCB

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FIntegration_Orchestration%2FConnectorDevelopmentSDK%2FDeployingConnectors.html%23wwID0E6MKUB

The syntax of the flow-deploy oauths load command is as follows:
flow-deploy oauths load -u <ThingWorx_Administrator_Username> -p <ThingWorx_Administrator_Password> --twx-url <ThingWorx_Base_URL> -f <Path_to_OAuth_Configuration_File>
where <ThingWorx_Base_URL> must be in the https://<hostName:port>/Thingworx format.

Thank you,
Raluca Edu
DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:raluca_edu)

Thank you for your answer. I've totally missed that point in the process.

Do you have any idea regarding the first problem? Mostly I am a bit puzzled about the fact, that there is a .txt file written and readable for Flow somehow, which I can't find on my system.

Top Tags