cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Taking backup through database

RockLala
11-Garnet

Taking backup through database

Hello everyone 

I am not sure about is any one face this issue or not ?  That is while  taking backup of  any project entity wise and imported this into other system it come properly as it is. but if am doing same thing by taking entire backup through database (Postgre) then I can see there is some internal modification happened  that is changed alignment of controls  present on mashup, changes controls size  and all. could you please tell me what is this issue ?  why this is happened  ? 

Thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
tkawasaki
15-Moonstone
(To:RockLala)

Hi @RockLala,

Is this topic about ThingWorx Analytics?  If yes, please ignore my comment below.

I have just taken a cold backup of Postgresql database and restored it back. I logged into ThingWorx and reviewed some of Mashup. I spotted no cosmetic changes in those Mashup entities, as far as I could check.

I used tar command and backed up "/ThingworxPostgresqlStorage" and "/var/lib/postgresql/9.x/" directories.

Is this how you took your backup or did you take it differently, like by using copy command?

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:tkawasaki)

Hi @RockLala

Do you have any further query on this? 

Please confirm if the issue has been resolved and mark the post as accept as solution for future reference.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags