cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Terminate/End SSO user session on Logout

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Terminate/End SSO user session on Logout

Hi Experts,

Please suggest a way to terminate user session from browser once the Logout is triggered.

The user is being authenticated through SSO and want the user to click a button(probably logout) and should be redirected to login again to enter the Azure AD credentials instead of re-login automatically because the session is still alive.

I have already tried TerminateUserSession resource but that works only for Administrators group members and I have non-administrator custom user groups with specific permissions.

Note: Don't want to redirect to a different mashup/screen as a workaround.

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:TanmeyTWX)

You somehow need to trigger the logout in your IdP as well. There is an older PTC article stating you need to call the "Singe logout url" of your Idp: How to logout from ThingWorx after signing in with SSO 

I did not yet try to configure SingleLogout. If you find out more I would be happy if you can share details.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

TerminateUserSession would accomplish the same thing as the regular Logout.

Your challenge is the fact that Azure AD is not receiving a termination and is holding the session for xx minutes still.

Strange though, because even when using AD that shouldn't be the case, might be a side effect of how your SSO setup works?

I can understand it, if your logout isn't an actual Thingworx logout or if users just close the browser.

What 'Logout' are you using?

Pai,

I have configured SSO as mentioned in this PTC guide. SSO with Thingworx.

I have used Logout Function ,part of Mashup functions not widget.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

You somehow need to trigger the logout in your IdP as well. There is an older PTC article stating you need to call the "Singe logout url" of your Idp: How to logout from ThingWorx after signing in with SSO 

I did not yet try to configure SingleLogout. If you find out more I would be happy if you can share details.

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:nmutter)

Hi, Tried Single logout url also but it doesn't end the session in a way. Reloading or hitting browser back button is getting the user logged-in again

Hi,

I have tried with .srf single logout url and seems to be working. Thanks!

Top Tags