cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

The analysis jobs are not processed

seanccc
17-Peridot

The analysis jobs are not processed

Hi Experts,

I have 997 in-process jobs in the "Analysis jobs",which cause machine very slow.  I thing the processor may overload for so many jobs , so I stopped the Analysis event and expect these jobs can be processed without generating new jobs .  

I kept my machine running over night but found the number of executing jobs are NOT changed . 

Meanwhile I have something observed: 

• the number of csv files in C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxAnalytics\Thingworx_Analytics_Server\data\data\results\data keep increasing.
  • the number of job folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxAnalytics\Thingworx_Analytics_Server\data\transfers\twxml\twxml_job_queue keep increasing. 
  • Open the file "DempsyClusterJobExecutor.Complete" for one of the job in the folder "twxml_job_queue", the content is  "["java.util.ArrayList",[["com.thingworx.analytics.ccc.job.Status",{"state":"COMPLETED","startDateTime":"2019-02-09T15:06:43.4Z","endDateTime":"2019-02-09T15:06:48.588Z","runTime":"0:00:05.188","queuedStartDateTime":"2019-02-09T15:06:26.312Z","queuedDuration":"0:00:17.088"}]]]" .  So it seems that the new jobs are still being generated as I disable the analysis job on 2019-02-08 ?. 
  • 4. twas-analytics-workers running well

Is there any way I can do to have the jobs processed/ completed ? 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:seanccc)

@seanccc 

If you still do not see any change in the number of inprocess/completed/failed jobs,  I think the best would be for you to open a case to Technical Support to understand why the jobs are not moving. The reasons can be multiple and difficult to handle via a community post.

However if you know why you had too many jobs and just want to delete the one present you can follow the steps below. However this is only if you are not interested anymore with those jobs as they will be deleted with no option to recover them.
Also I am assuming you are using ThingWorx 8.3.x

Follow the steps in https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS292139 to delete the jobs from Analytics Manager.

Once done execute the steps in https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS290196, starting at step 4 to delete the jobs from ThingWorx Analytics Server side. Make sure that nothing else is working in ThingWrox Analytics Server as those jobs will also be deleted.

An easier option is to upgrade to ThingWorx 8.4, where you have an Delete by Filter menu that allows to perform the deletion from the UI.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

@seanccc 

If you still do not see any change in the number of inprocess/completed/failed jobs,  I think the best would be for you to open a case to Technical Support to understand why the jobs are not moving. The reasons can be multiple and difficult to handle via a community post.

However if you know why you had too many jobs and just want to delete the one present you can follow the steps below. However this is only if you are not interested anymore with those jobs as they will be deleted with no option to recover them.
Also I am assuming you are using ThingWorx 8.3.x

Follow the steps in https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS292139 to delete the jobs from Analytics Manager.

Once done execute the steps in https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS290196, starting at step 4 to delete the jobs from ThingWorx Analytics Server side. Make sure that nothing else is working in ThingWrox Analytics Server as those jobs will also be deleted.

An easier option is to upgrade to ThingWorx 8.4, where you have an Delete by Filter menu that allows to perform the deletion from the UI.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:cmorfin)

I shutdown my machine and start it up (restart machine won't help), then the jobs start to get processed although it's very slow then usually ( about 3~5 minutes per job ) . 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

If the suggestion provided by @cmorfin allowed you to resolve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags