cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

The subscription does not run by the custom user

harshadbhandure
5-Regular Member

The subscription does not run by the custom user

I have created the alert subscription which finds the logged-in user's group and gets the list of users from the same group, in order to send email to all of them.

The subscription is working fine in development i.e. with the admin user.

When I log in using custom user and triggers the alert, the subscription is not getting run by the user.

I have provided permission to all the necessary entities for the particular user.

Can anyone help why the subscription does not get run by the custom user?

5 REPLIES 5

Ideally the non admin/custom user should have proper runtime permissions on the entity holding the alert/subscription. As you said you have given all the required permission, can you put a logger on the very first line of the subscription and see if it is failing in event processing or in subscription processing ? Is there anything in the logs related to failing for a permission ?

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

harshadbhandure
5-Regular Member
(To:mnarang)

Yes, I have added the log on the first line of subscription, but it does not log anything by the user. Instead, it logs by the admin user.
The alert-subscription is defined on the template level and I have given run time permissions on the template as well as run time instance permissions.

Also,  just for information, I am fetching values remotely using KEPServerEx. But, the subscription does not run for the user even if I change the value manually from the composer.

Hi @harshadbhandure.

Can you provide the logs located at \ThingworxStorage\logs for the timeframe of your testing?  We would expect to see an error logged for this.

Regards.

--Sharon

harshadbhandure
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

I tried to search for the log related to this but didn't fount any.

I think. the alert is not getting triggered for the custom logged in user.

Hi @harshadbhandure.

Are you saying you can't locate the ThingworxStorage folder?  The path would have been designated at install time.  Which o/s are you running?

I checked to see if you have an account in our system but did not find one.  If your company has a support contract, please email me your company number, customer number, and your corporate email address under private email, and I will be happy to open a case on your behalf so we can take a closer look.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags