cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

There is anyway to pass Selected values in collections to a Mashup or widget

BhavyaPC
12-Amethyst

There is anyway to pass Selected values in collections to a Mashup or widget

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to pass selected data from thingworx collections to another mashup or widget..

Thank you in advance :)

12 REPLIES 12
BhavyaPC
12-Amethyst
(To:BhavyaPC)

Collections.PNG

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @BhavyaPC.

Based on your screenshot it appears that you are already using session parameters which is what we would recommend.  You're passing the StringField to the EETariffType session parameter and you should be able to bind that parameter with any other widget or parameter in this or another mashup, within the same session.  Here is a link to some limited information on session parameters but it may be useful.

If we're failing to understand the actual issue, please elaborate further.

Regards.

--Sharon

BhavyaPC
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

@slangley ,

I have bonded session parameter to mashup parameter. Since I have used collections there is no value stored in Session parameter.  I tired printing session parameter value in label and text box, it returned nothing.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @BhavyaPC.

Have you checked out the ThingWorx Help Center for configuring the Collection widget?  Be sure to read the Usage Overview section.

If you require more assistance and have active support, we can open a case to work through this.

Regards.

--Sharon

BhavyaPC
12-Amethyst

Hi@slangley ,

I have raised case on 20th of this month on this issue with different subject, but there is no luck.

Issue remain same but I found a workaround to achieve functionality. But that is not accurate.

There are two other topics  I have raised in the community related to this issue.

1. How-can-we-pass-data-from-one-mashup-to-the-other-mashup

2. There-is-no-click-on-a-portion-of-Pie-Chart-there-is-no-output

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @BhavyaPC.

Can you provide me the case number?

Regards.

--Sharon

BhavyaPC
12-Amethyst

Hi @slangley ,

Please find the case number

PTC Case: C15030810

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @BhavyaPC.

I reviewed the case (display of values on a pie chart), but it doesn't seem to match this post.  Did you resolve the original issue posted here?

As stated by the engineer working that case, the functionality you desire is not currently available.  However, I recommend one or both of the following:

1. Post your requirement as a suggestion on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  This will allow others to vote on it, which may lead to consideration in a future release.
  2. Create your own extension with the functionality you need.  Please refer to these docs for assistance:

If this post has been resolved, please mark the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards

--Sharon

BhavyaPC
12-Amethyst

@slangley  or Sharon,

None them are resolved, during call I have explained about the issue regarding the case.

Which is nothing but,

1. I have a main mashup I have used collection widget.

2. I have child mashup and used Pie chart, label, image and other widgets.

3. There is a mashup with grid.(When mashup loaded there is a service call which takes input of value selected in pie chart.

Since I have used collection and the data provided to the pie chart is also an infotable, I'm unable to pass the value selected or the portion of the pie chart selected to session variable or to textbox or to mashup parameter of third mashup.

Also I want to print the data or value on the pie chart instead of displaying in tooltip.

BhavyaPC
12-Amethyst

Thank you @slangley & Sharon.

I'll post in ideas board and I'll follow the guide and create extension.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @BhavyaPC.

If you feel this post has been answered, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.  Otherwise, please clarify the issue still pending related to this particular post to avoid confusion with other topics you mentioned.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @BhavyaPC ,

I had faced this issue and i had used the same concept session parameter but in my case the session parameters are replaced by a Thing's property.

Solution:

Create a Thing with Infotable property.

In the main mashup an event should trigger a service to set IT value to the created property.

In the child mashup you can retrieve the earlier set value .

This might not be a great workaround but its worth a try.

Regards,

Saran

Top Tags