cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thing Property Tag Quality "Unknown" and Value 0.

rkostenuk
4-Participant

Thing Property Tag Quality "Unknown" and Value 0.

Hi all, 

I have created a remote thing and it is connected to an Allen Bradley Logix 5500 controller via Industrial Connectivity (isConnected bit is true). I have configured and bound a few properties however, some are updating and are showing "quality: good" while others are showing "quality: unknown". See attached image. 

The one that is of "good" quality was added first and maybe an hour later I added the others that are of "unknown" quality. I am still connected to my runtime and ALL configured values are changing/updating in the controller. 

The property start type is "read edge value". 

I am running version 8.4.0-b2013. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

After creating and binding the new properties (quality: unknown), have you tried restart the remote device and reconnect?

rkostenuk
4-Participant
(To:zyuan1)

Hey! No I haven’t. Would reinitializing the runtime accomplish the same goal? I’m reluctant to physically shut down the device.

You can stop the EMS/SDK/Kepware you 're using and restart it to reconnect, don't need to shut down the physical device. Let me know if it helps

rkostenuk
4-Participant
(To:zyuan1)

I restarted Kepware and that did seem to correct the issue. Thank you for the tip! 

There must be something that I am missing in the configuration though. Surely I shouldn't have to restart Kepware every time I want to bind a new tag. Any thoughts?

If you finished configuration and system get into production process, you won't need to change or add new properties in the connection, thus you won't need to restart the Kepware during the time.
rkostenuk
4-Participant
(To:rkostenuk)

UPDATE:

I reinitialized the Kepware runtime again (attempt to make the tag quality "good") and this time it closed my connection to Thingworx. Now I am unable to connect to my runtime via the Industrial Connectivity Configuration application. I get a pop-up saying "connection not established". 

The error is the following: 

"3/21/2019 10:55:30 AM Error ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity\Configuration Connection attempt to runtime failed. | Runtime host address = '127.0.0.1:32402', User = 'Default User', Reason = 'This operation returned because the timeout period expired.'."

What could be the issue?

Top Tags