cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Thing Template

tnkomo
4-Participant

Thing Template

Hi Guys

How do I pass data from my mashup widget into my thingtemplate service..?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:tnkomo)

Hello,

As you have taken a dynamic template service ,so it will take an entity name as input .The use of entity name as input is as - For example i have a template called TruckTemplate and a service from template that is "getImplementedThingsWithData" .This is also a dynamic template service .So on mashup when i use this service this will give me data for all the Things (Entitynames) which inherit this template .So basically if i have three trucks(TR-1,TR-2,TR-3) extending this TruckTemplate ,Then on runtime in mashup i can pass each Thing (Entityname) as an input to service and get the results for each (TR-1,TR-2,TR-3) depending on the selection .So the conclusion is dynamic template service takes things name which are inherited by template as entityname  input value  .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mnarang
17-Peridot

Does that mean to pass any widget values from mashup to input of a service on ThingTemplate ?
If it's a yes you can drag the widget values directly to service inputs .For example suppose if we have a numeric widget in mashup and we want to pass the value of this widget to a service in Thing/ThingTemplate .Then after clicking on the widget there will be a blue color drop down select value from that and drag it to the service input .

Correct me if I am getting your requirement in wrong direction .

tnkomo
4-Participant
(To:mnarang)

Hi 

What I meant is I created a thing template, so from my mashup I did drag all the widget values to the desired Dynamic Template Service parameters, the issue is the "EntityName", I don't know what  should be bound to it.

mnarang
17-Peridot

Hello,

As you have taken a dynamic template service ,so it will take an entity name as input .The use of entity name as input is as - For example i have a template called TruckTemplate and a service from template that is "getImplementedThingsWithData" .This is also a dynamic template service .So on mashup when i use this service this will give me data for all the Things (Entitynames) which inherit this template .So basically if i have three trucks(TR-1,TR-2,TR-3) extending this TruckTemplate ,Then on runtime in mashup i can pass each Thing (Entityname) as an input to service and get the results for each (TR-1,TR-2,TR-3) depending on the selection .So the conclusion is dynamic template service takes things name which are inherited by template as entityname  input value  .

tnkomo
4-Participant
(To:mnarang)

Thank you. Everything working just fine

Top Tags