cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ThingPredictor demo problems

ajackson
1-Newbie

ThingPredictor demo problems

I've been trying out ThingPredictor this morning and I'm having trouble with the demo here.

I was able to upload the ​JetEngine model, test it, create the Thing Template and then create the JetEngineThing and create the Analysis Event. It all seemed to create fine, then I set the value of the data property as per step 10 and nothing happens.

I assume that I should be able to see an Analysis job on the Analytics Manager and that the results would be written to the dataCollection property of the JetEngineThing.

I'm not sure where to look to try and diagnose the problem. The ThingPredictor log has nothing in it for the time I did this which makes me think there's a problem with the event.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:ajackson)

Hi Andrew

I have had some issues when defining the Analysis Event on the Thing Template.

Could you try to define it on the Thing (instead of the Thing Template) to check if this work for you ?

Regarding log, information will be written either:

- in ThingPredictor's log. They are to be found i the logs directory created in the startup directory where you executed the java command for ThingPredictor

- in ThingWorx ApplicationLog.log file

Thanks

Christophe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Andrew

I have had some issues when defining the Analysis Event on the Thing Template.

Could you try to define it on the Thing (instead of the Thing Template) to check if this work for you ?

Regarding log, information will be written either:

- in ThingPredictor's log. They are to be found i the logs directory created in the startup directory where you executed the java command for ThingPredictor

- in ThingWorx ApplicationLog.log file

Thanks

Christophe

Thanks for getting back to me.

That did work, however, is it going to be fixed with getting an event from the template? If we had a large number of Things it would get very tedious configuring an event for each one individually.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Andrew

yes, you are right, this won't be the best if we have a lot of things.

I provided you the workaround to allow you to move forward for the time being but I have also reported this to R&D to understand what is happening with Thing Template (see https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS263568 )

Kind regards

Christophe

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:cmorfin)

Hi

Just for information, I ran a test with the JetEngine demo in ThingWorx 8.0 and this appear to be working now.

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags