cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

ThingWorx 8.4.5- Adding/Deleting grid rows within mashup

FR_10161975
4-Participant

ThingWorx 8.4.5- Adding/Deleting grid rows within mashup

I have a mashup with an advanced grid that displays data coming from sql server database. I want to be able to add and remove rows in order to add or delete row data. I was able to add two two advanced grids. Grid one showed all my data and grid two was empty. I was only able to select multiple rows by holding ctrl button. That's the only way I could pass data to the other advanced grid. Is there another way of doing this? I want a user within the mashup to be able to add/delete rows.

9 REPLIES 9
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:FR_10161975)

Multi-selecting rows using CTRL is the standard way of multi-selecting, why would you want another way?

It is unclear, what the real question is.

Also, please note that your version of Thingworx is out of support for almost a year. You might want to use a current version.

M4RC
14-Alexandrite

Hello,

you can use the "List Shuttle Widget" to select items from an existing list, the source, and place them on a new list, the target. 

c.f. https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/Widgets/ListShuttleWidgetThemable.html

However, you can move an element to the destination list only once. Otherwise you have to create a workaround with 2 grids.

Best regards

Marc

FR_10161975
4-Participant
(To:M4RC)

Hello,

There doesn't seem to be a List Shuttle Widget in the version of ThingWorx I am using(8.4.5).

But this widget would seem to resolve the issue of selecting from a source and placing on a new list (the target).

Is there something like the "List Shuttle Widget" in this version I am using?

Thanks

Or how can I obtain the widget?

M4RC
14-Alexandrite

Hello,

unfortunately I can't tell you from which version the widget is available.

But the TWX 8.x documentation says: "These widgets [include List Shuttle] are displayed in the Themeable category in the Widgets panel."

Best regards

Marc

FR_10161975
4-Participant

Hello,

Yes, I read that in the documentation. Tried to look through all the widgets in the panel but the list shuttle was not one of them. I did see other posts where it mentions the list shuttle being in version 9.

Best

M4RC
14-Alexandrite

Hello,

if the shuttle list widget really doesn't exist I recommend you a workaround.

You need a grid which shows the "available data" (I call it Source-List). Then you need another grid, for the target data (I call it Target-List). Behind the Target-List there can be a DataTable (e.g. with User-Name as PrimaryKey), where the selected rows are stored. Then you add some buttons that either add the selected row from the source list to the target list or delete the selected row from the target list (DataTable).

In this workaround you can add parts of the source list several times to the target list. If you want a row to be available only once, you have to extend the functionality a little bit.

Best regards

Marc

FR_10161975
4-Participant

Hello,

Could you provide an example with the two dummy grids to see the functionality you are referring to.

It would be greatly appreciated.

wcui
14-Alexandrite

Do you mind sending us a example of your mashup? In this way, we can exactly understand the logic. 

Besides, as TW8.4 is out of support for long time, we will verify the mashup on TW9.x instance. Appreciate you can upgrade to TW9 or install new TW9 instance for continuous support.

Top Tags