cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

ThingWorx 9.3.5 Installation fails without creating a log file

PrestonTJohnson
6-Contributor

ThingWorx 9.3.5 Installation fails without creating a log file

I have JAVA 11 installed, and postgres 13.9 installed with all the paths correctly indicated in the system.  

I have created a self signed certificate for an SSL installation

I am trying to install ThingWorx on the Drive (D:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxFoundation).  When the installation gets to the end, the dialog box "Connecting to ThingWorx" shows for a minute or so, then I get an error that the installation fails and I should check the log files.  

However there is nothing in the directory, and there is not a log file.  

Ideas?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@PrestonTJohnson

the log file from the installer is located in the user\AppData\local\Temp\bitrock_installer<date>.log directory

See the article: Article - CS322165 - How to enable and collect Installer debug logging for ThingWorx Platform, ThingWorx Flow and ThingWorx Navigate

You may also need to collect the logs before closing the dialog box which pops up. When you close this box the installer may be cleaning up the log file.

HTH

Peter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@PrestonTJohnson

the log file from the installer is located in the user\AppData\local\Temp\bitrock_installer<date>.log directory

See the article: Article - CS322165 - How to enable and collect Installer debug logging for ThingWorx Platform, ThingWorx Flow and ThingWorx Navigate

You may also need to collect the logs before closing the dialog box which pops up. When you close this box the installer may be cleaning up the log file.

HTH

Peter

Thank you, 

Took me a bit, yet discovered that the user\AppData folder is hidden, and the show hidden folders and files "button" had moved locations since the last time I used it.  

I captured the log files, and shared them with PTC Support.  I am awaiting their feedback.  

Preston

Top Tags