cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

ThingWorx Analytics Extension Icon is not Shown

JC_10255984
6-Contributor

ThingWorx Analytics Extension Icon is not Shown

Hi All,

I just installed ThingWorx Analytics Server 9.3.1 together with Analytics Extension on ThingWorx Foundation 9.3.1. It is shown that the analytics server and extension have been successfully installed. But the the analytics extension icon never appears on the panel. Have tried quite some times, but the problem is still there. Please find the attached screenshots for more details. Thanks!

Regards,

Jianping  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

I've figured out the problem and fixed the issue. I moved the following text a little bit forward in the SAME section "PlatformSettingsConfig" in the setting file "platform-settings.json" and everything became good:

"ExtensionPackageImportPolicy":{
"importEnabled":   true,
"allowJarResources":   true,
"allowJavascriptResources":   true,
"allowCSSResources":   true,
"allowJSONResources":   true,
"allowWebAppResources":   true,
"allowEntities":   true,
"allowExtensibleEntities":   true

I believe that was due to bug(s) in ThingWorx Platform's settings parser. 

Attached please find the self-explained pictures/files for your reference. Thanks all for the valuable suggestions!

Regards,

Jianping

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hello @JC_10255984 ,

Pls try applying this article on your end:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs334206

Let me know if you need any further info.

Regards

Bhawna

Thanks, Bhawna. But the links to "Set Up User Access" in the article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs334206 look gone already. Can you please detail how to set up the user access? Actually in previous versions, I did nothing on setting up and everything is fine.

Regards,

Jianping

BT_10074719
5-Regular Member
(To:JC_10255984)

Hello @JC_10255984,

You can try to manually import the Analytics Server extension and see if that fixes the issue.

Also, keep in mind to check the platform-settings.json to see if the extension import settings are set to "true".

Please also check this article for more details:

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_8/index.html#page/analytics/extension-install/analytics-install-import.html# 

Regards,

Bogdan

Thanks, Bogdan. Tried this solution also. But it still cannot work. Are you able to have a chat online?

My email: jianping.chen@rockwellautomation.com

Regards,

Jianping

BT_10074719
5-Regular Member

Could you please try to import Analytics Server again and provide us with the Thingworx logs? (<ThingWorxStorage>/logs from the ThingWorx machine)

Regards,

Bogdan

Hi Bogdan,

Attached please find the log file for the whole installation: 1) ThingWorx Foundation with PostgreSQL; 2) ThingWorx Analytics Server with Extension; 3) I tried to install Analytics Extension when the Analytics Icon did not appear. Thanks.

Regards,

Jianping

Please also find "platform-settings.json". In the updated settings, extensions were set to true, but the system insisted that they were not: 

"ExtensionPackageImportPolicy": {
"importEnabled": true,
"allowEntities": true,
"allowExtensibleEntities": true,
"allowJarResources": true,
"allowJavascriptResources": true,
"allowCSSResources": true,
"allowJSONResources": true,
"allowWebAppResources": true
}

BT_10074719
5-Regular Member

Are Thingworx and Thingworx Analytics on the same machine?

If they are, please try and run the TWALogCollector ( Article - CS316782 - ThingWorx Analytics Log Collector (ptc.com) ) and attach the logs.

Regards,

Bogdan

Yes, they are on the same machine. Attached please find the file collected by the TWALogCollector. Thanks.

Regards,

Jianping 

BT_10074719
5-Regular Member

Could you please zip the <C:\PROGRA~2\THINGW~1/ThingworxPlatform> folder and upload it to the community post?

Thank you!

Regards,

Bogdan

Hi Bogdan,

Please find the zip file. Thanks.

Regards,

Jianping

BT_10074719
5-Regular Member

Hi @JC_10255984,

Thank you for providing the needed information.

As this needs further investigation and troubleshooting I suggest opening a support ticket.

You can do so by accessing this link: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/case-logger

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Bogdan

Thanks Bogdan. I do not have the Service Contract Number (SCN). How can I raise the support request? Thanks.

Regards,

Jianping

BT_10074719
5-Regular Member

You can contact your Sales Representative or CSM and ask for the SCN to be provided.

Regards,

Bogdan

Hi All,

I've figured out the problem and fixed the issue. I moved the following text a little bit forward in the SAME section "PlatformSettingsConfig" in the setting file "platform-settings.json" and everything became good:

"ExtensionPackageImportPolicy":{
"importEnabled":   true,
"allowJarResources":   true,
"allowJavascriptResources":   true,
"allowCSSResources":   true,
"allowJSONResources":   true,
"allowWebAppResources":   true,
"allowEntities":   true,
"allowExtensibleEntities":   true

I believe that was due to bug(s) in ThingWorx Platform's settings parser. 

Attached please find the self-explained pictures/files for your reference. Thanks all for the valuable suggestions!

Regards,

Jianping

Hello @JC_10254759 

Thanks for providing the information. Pls mark your solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards

Bhawna

Top Tags