cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

ThingWorx Analytics: Signals for Ordinal Data

DF_10027356
6-Contributor

ThingWorx Analytics: Signals for Ordinal Data

Hello all,

I am working with ThingWorx Analytics 9.0 and I want to perform a Signals analysis. My dataset is a time-series dataset and my goal variable is from type ordinal. My question: Is there a possibility that I can perfrom a signals job with this dataset?

Thank you already in advance.

Kind regards

David Falkenstein

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:DF_10027356)

Hi David

You should be able to generate a signal for Ordinal goal, however this features is not supported in Analytics Builder for now.

Therefore you need to use the CreateJob() service of the AnalysticsServer_SignalThing

Then use the  AnalysticsServer_SignalThing.RetrieveResults() with the jobid returned by CreateJob()

Hope this helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi David

You should be able to generate a signal for Ordinal goal, however this features is not supported in Analytics Builder for now.

Therefore you need to use the CreateJob() service of the AnalysticsServer_SignalThing

Then use the  AnalysticsServer_SignalThing.RetrieveResults() with the jobid returned by CreateJob()

Hope this helps

Christophe

DF_10027356
6-Contributor
(To:cmorfin)

Hi Christophe,

thank you very much this helps a lot. I have just one more question: which job tags do I have to add to the signals so that I can see them in the analytics builder (I just want to see them there, no further editing). I know that something like this can be done with created models with the service "AddJobTags". Is something similar possible with signals? And if so which job tags do I have to add?

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards

David

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi David

It is not possible here. Adding the tags does break Builder because it does not understand this type of signals

Regards

Christophe

DF_10027356
6-Contributor
(To:cmorfin)

All right.

Thank you for the quick support.

Top Tags